Diversity in the Built Environment – Bringing the conversation to the West Midlands In light of the construction industry having the worst gender pay gap and the
Diversity in the Built Environment – Bringing the conversation to the West Midlands
In light of the construction industry having the worst gender pay gap and the suggestions that racial equality is potentially an even bigger issue, more needs to be done to address these problems. What are the next steps and how can we make positive changes?
The inspirational speakers will have a platform to promote and discuss methods to push for better diversity within the industry, paying particular focus on gender and race diversity within the Built Environment.
Special guest speakers:
– Deborah Cadman OBE, CEO West Midlands Combined Authority
– Caroline Buckingham, Director Caroline Buckingham Architects, RIBA Vice President Practice & Profession and RIBA Role Model
– Louise Brooke-Smith, UK Head of Town Planning & Partner Arcadis, Past Global President RICS (2014-15)
– Louise Wyman, Head of Strategy Homes England
– Sarah Wigglesworth, Director Sarah Wigglesworth Architects, Previously Professor of Architecture University of Sheffield
– David Ogunmuyiwa, Partner ArchitectureDoingPlace, London Mayor’s Design Advocate
– Yuli Cadney-Toh, Architect Director BDP
The Diversity in the Built Environment is a cross institute event hosted by BDP, Birmingham Architectural Association & Pinsent Masons in association with the RIBA, RICS, ICE, RTPI, BIID, SBID, Landscape Institute, CIOB, NFB and Women in Property.
The event will be held at Pinsent Masons Office, 55 Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 2FG, at 6pm on Monday 14th of May.
You must successfully register a ticket to attended this event.
Strictly no recruiters, BDM’s or specification managers.
(Monday) 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
55 Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 2AS